Sunday, February 13, 2011

clean up, clean up everybody everywhere

 Living at home has its perks. For one, every two weeks a nice woman named Anna comes and cleans our house. However, when she gets to my room she just rearranges the dozens of nail polish bottles on my dresser and throws my shoes in my closet (see picture four). Not much to clean in a room that has a fine layering of clothing that acts as a floor. She'll stack up the DVDs and magazines and books I have scattered next to my bed (see the last picture) and then gently place all discarded clothing in the pile in front of my desk (see the picture below). 

Now that I have a move-out date in less than two months (!!!!! MY NEW PLACE IS AMAZING !!!!!), I think it's time to stop having "piles" of things and time to start getting rid of things. Maybe the best way of picking out my clothing for work each day would be to look in my closet or drawers; not by kicking through a mound of clothing with varying levels of cleanliness. So, after I wake up from my morning nap, it's mission cleaning. I feel like I'm always devoting myself to this cause. But this time, it's for real. Please enjoy the following "before" pictures, which feature gift bags filled with still unpacked Christmas gifts, old copies of US Weekly, and boxes of yet-unpacked home headbands and jewelry from college (for a point of reference, I moved home in late May 2010). Excellent!

Stay excellent. And cleaner than me! But I don't think that will be hard.

1 comment: